If you have questions about the Magnet, please call our Customer Service team at 0800 496 0350.
Download the PDF version of this page
Determine the location to place the Magnet
- Before affixing the Magnet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured or hardened. Approximate curing times are: paint - 90 days, clear coat - 60 days, wax - 2 days.
- Prior to application, clean the metallic surface and the Magnet with a mild detergent. Wipe with a soft cloth and allow to dry. Follow any car manufacturers recommendation.
- The Magnet should be at room temperature when applying.
- Take care when handling the Magnet in extremely cold conditions, as it can become brittle.
Affix the Magnet onto the surface.
- Choose a location that is smooth, flat, or only slightly curved and metallic.
- Don’t apply the Magnet on an area that isn’t steel or metal or that has extensive non-metallic fillers. Aluminum, wood or fiberglass will not function as a surface.
- Make sure the entire Magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (moulding, decals, pin striping, etc.) or concave areas.
- Ensure there are no air pockets or moisture between the Magnet and the vehicle surface and that corners and edges are smooth and flush with the surface.
- Curvature on the edges of the Product may result in the Magnet falling off.
- To adjust the location of the Magnet after placement, remove completely and reposition by lifting from the sides to remove; do not remove from the corners. Please note that sliding the Product into position may cause stretching and/or scratching.
* FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE FOREGOING INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT ITSELF AND TO THE SURFACE ON WHICH THE PRODUCT IS AFFIXED, AND MAY ALSO INCREASE THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THE PRODUCT WILL NOT ADHERE PROPERLY AND MAY FALL OFF DURING USE. NEITHER VISTAPRINT B.V. NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR OTHER DAMAGES TO THE PRODUCT, THE SURFACE TO WHICH IT IS AFFIXED, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY OR PERSON, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, CAUSED BY ANY ABUSE OR MISUSE OF THE PRODUCT OR OTHER FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Failure to review and abide by these warnings could result in damage to the Magnet or your vehicle and could increase the likelihood that the Magnet will not adhere properly and may fall off during use.
Never use a Magnet if it contains any bubbles, wrinkles, bent corners and/or edges or is otherwise damaged.
Never exceed the speed limit or any recommended maximum speed.
Don’t place the Magnet over protrusions, fixtures or concave areas, such as: moulding, lights, reflectors, decals, pin stripes, air intakes, wells and spoilers.
Never apply the product to horizontal metal surfaces (such as car roofs) and take care not to place it in direct or constant sunlight or extreme heat.
Don’t layer one Magnet on top of another when applied to vehicles.
Long-term outdoor usage of magnets on painted surfaces may result in fading, due to shielding the underlying color from ultraviolet rays.
The Magnet is not for use under water or on aircraft.
Make sure to remove the Magnet from any vehicle before a car wash.